Monday, December 9, 2013

The Age of Entitled Babies

In this welfare age, people believe that they must have everything handed to them. They never bother getting up and getting what they actually want. It leads me to believe that the vast majority of people want something without sacrificing something else.

For example, you want to be rich. What do you do? You complain about how hard it is to make money and run off to your government to "make things fair." It's similar to what Wall Street protestors do. If you ask them what they want, they'll either say that they want free college or some sort of free hand out.

If you want to go to college, save up for it. No one forced you to borrow tens of thousands of dollars and run off to some sort of college straight out of high school. It's foolish to believe otherwise. You are not a victim, you are simply a fool. Admit that you were foolish and move on with your life.

Why is it fair to make someone who never plans on going to college to pay off your college debt? Why is it fair to make someone subsidize you? I can't finically support going to college which is why I joined the military. In order to get something, you must be willing to sacrifice something. I'm willing to sacrifice 4 years of my life in order to go to college and major in some sort of reporting major.

I took private college classes at night online at Hillsdale in order to learn more about history. We must stop the mindset that we deserve a fraction of someone's pay so that we can be subsidized for free! Everything has a cost, don't forget that.

But subsidizing a group of babies, you'll bump the costs of college up. Whenever you subsidize something, prices rise. If it wasn't for the mindset that college is a must, we'd be able to go to college cheaply or cheaper than it is now. But, as long as were in this mindset, we mustn't make others pay for us without sacrificing something. 

Hell, I'm a senior in high school with 12 college hours clocked in and another 8 more coming when I graduate and certify in firefighting 2 and Emt 1(currently taking the classes to). Also, you must come to the realization that your parents are in no way finically obligated to pay for your college.

Mine make to much for me to qualify for finical aid but they've said that they wouldn't co-sign or pay a penny of my future education. I must thank them for this. Without their finical support, it will force me to work for what I want. This means that I'll be dependent on myself in the future. I love that. Being dependent means that I'll only do what I truly want to do.

When people get hand outs, they don't understand the value of it. There's a reason that lottery winners go broke. There's a reason why high school students don't care about school. If you want something, work for it. You're not entitled to anything so stop acting as if you are. Your not entitled to my money and I'm not entitled to yours. We must come to terms with that.

Stop acting like a child and wake up. None of us are entitled to anything other than life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment