I was brought up in a religious school between 1st to 6th grade because it was the best place to learn education. During this period in my life, I radically changed but one thing has always stuck with me, my skepticism.
I'm not sure when I became an atheist but I know I started questioning the belief in god somewhere around 4th to 6th grade. Slowly, through reasoning and strong thought, I started to stop believing in god.
The stories of some all powerful god ruling over me angered me beyond belief. Why should I be some all powerful beings cattle that's just meant to worship him? But, the anger wasn't what persuaded me.
The thing that persuaded me was the size of the universe. But more than just that persuaded me, but I'm not sure what it was. Maybe it was because I would find paradoxes between gods or I would find fallacies in the teachings of Jesus, who knows.
I didn't know what an atheist was nor would my parents tell me their beliefs. In a way, my transformation happened without being influenced by greater authorities. For a few years, I tried to trick myself into believing in god but I knew it was all a mind trick.
And so, I finally accepted my atheism in 7th grade. I knew from that point on that the chance of a god was meniscal. Everyone had tried to keep me religious but all of their attempts were futile.
In 9th grade, I began debating. I was far outclassed because I simply didn't know much about theories or atheism in general at the time. So, from 10th to 11th grade I studied my ass off. I read dozens of books, listened to thousands of hours of podcasts, and finally found myself.
Once I fully understood what an atheist was, I became the finished version of what I am now. I do not affiliate myself with any of the foolish atheists like TheAmazingAtheist because their evangelicals to socialism. I will get very In depth with my attacks on socialist atheists very soon.
But that's my transformation. Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens have become some of the people I look up to along with the brilliant Thomas Jefferson. Thank you to them and my own skepticism. I will go more in depth with my atheists beliefs in the future but remember this; I won't harm others nor do I want to control anyone.
God speed! Like the irony?
No comments:
Post a Comment